I love this challenge. I have participated for several years now. Below are the guidelines -
The challenge runs from January to December. During this time you choose a book to read from each of the following categories (examples of books you could choose are in brackets):
- A reference to time (Eleven Minutes, Before Ever After)
- A position of royalty (The People’s Queen, The Last Empress, The Curse Of The Pharaoh)
- A number written in letters (The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms, A Tale Of Two Cities)
- A forename or names (Rebecca, Eleanor & Park, The Unfinished Work Of Elizabeth D.)
- A type or element of weather (Gone With The Wind, Red Earth Pouring Rain)
- Books can be any format (print, audio, ebook).
- It’s preferred that the books don’t overlap with other challenges, but not a requirement at all.
- Books cannot overlap categories (for instance my first example, Eleven Minutes, could be used for category 1 or 3 but not both).
- Creativity for matching the categories is not only allowed, it’s encouraged!
- You don’t have to make your list of books beforehand, you can choose them as you go.
- You don’t have to read your chosen books in any particular order.
My list - I will bold them when I finish each one
- A reference to time - Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore
- A position of royalty - The King of Attolia
- A number written in letters - The Big Four
- A forename or names - Hercule Poirot's Christmas
- A type or element of weather - After the Rain